Author:John Hutton Balfour
|←Author Index: Ba||John Hutton Balfour
|Isaac Bayley Balfour.Scottish botanist; one of the editors of the 'Annals of Natural History' and of the 'Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal,' father of|
- Biographical Sketch of Dr. Golding Bird (1855)
- Biography of J. Coldstream Lond. (1865)
- Sketch of D.T.K. Drummond prefixed to 'Last Scenes in the Life of Our Lord' (1878)
- text-books went through numerous editions
- Manual (1848), revised (1860)
- Class Book' (1852)
- Outlines (1854)
- Elements (1869)
- Botanist's Companion (1860)
- Botanist's Vade Mecum
- Guide to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh (1873)
- Obituary Notice of Charles Robert Darwin, published in Transactions & Proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh
Works about Balfour
- “Balfour, John Hutton,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- Balfour, Isaac Bayley (1913), "A sketch of the Professors of Botany in Edinburgh from 1670 until 1887" in Oliver, Francis Wall (ed.), Makers of British botany: 280–301.
- Despite the title, this is primarily about John Hutton Balfour.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.