Author:John Llewelyn Davies
|←Author Index: Da||John Llewelyn Davies
Theologian; Chaplain to the Queen; Rector of Christ Church, St Marylebone; Vicar of Kirkby Lonsdale; Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. Ll. D.", and contributed articles to Alpine Journal and for Peaks, Passes, and Glaciers
- Confirmation, Or, The Laying on of Hands (1856)
- The Work of Crist; Or: The World Reconciled to God. Sermons Preached at Christ Church, St. Marylebone (1860) 
- Sermons on the manifestation of the Son of God (1864) 
- Morality According to the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper Three Discourses on the Names Eucharist, Sacrifice, and Communion (1867)
- Theology and Morality: Essays on Questions of Belief and Practice (1873)
- Warnings Against Superstition: In Four Sermons for the Day (1874)
- The Gospel and modern life (1875) 2nd ed.
- The Christian calling (1875) 
- Social questions from the point of view of Christian theology (1886) 
- Order and growth, as involved in the spiritual constitution of human society (1891) 
- Spiritual apprehension; sermons and papers (1898) 
- The purpose of God; ten sermons from the time (1910?) 
- “Hughes, Thomas (1822-1896),” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
Edited or translated works
- The Working men's college, 1854-1904; records of its history and its work for fifty years (1904) 
- Plato, The Republic (nd) 
Works about Davies