|←Author Index: Bi||Laurence Binyon
English poet, dramatist, and art scholar.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "L. B."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "L. B."
Poems and verse
- Lyric Poems (1894)
- Porphyrion and other Poems (1898)
- Odes (1901)
- Death of Adam and Other Poems (1904)
- London Visions (1908)
- England and Other Poems (1909)
- For the Fallen
- Winnowing Fan (1914)
- The Anvil (1916)
- The Cause (1917)
- The New World: Poems (1918)
- The Idols (1928)
- Collected Poems Vol 1: London Visions, Narrative Poems, Translations. (1931)
- Collected Poems Vol 2: Lyrical Poems. (1931)
- The North Star and Other Poems (1941)
- The Burning of the Leaves and Other Poems (1944)
- The Madness of Merlin (1947)
- The Fourth of August, from Poems of the Great War (1914).
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- For Dauntless France (1918) (War memoir)
- Botticelli (1913)
- Akbar (1932)
- Brief Candles (Richard III's life as a verse-drama)
- Godstow Nunnery: Play
- Boadicea; A Play in eight Scenes
- Attila: a Tragedy in Four Acts
- Ayuli: a Play in three Acts and an Epilogue
- Sophro the Wise: a Play for Children
English arts & myth
- Dutch Etchers of the Seventeenth Century (1895)
- John Crone and John Sell Cotmanin (1897)
- William Blake: Being all his Woodcuts Photographically Reproduced in Facsimile (1902)
- English Poetry in its relation to painting and the other arts (1918)
- Drawings and Engravings of William Blake (1922)
- Arthur: A Tragedy (1923)
- The Followers of William Blake (1925)
- The Engraved Designs of William Blake (1926)
- Landscape in English Art and Poetry (1931)
- English Watercolours (1933)
- Gerard Hopkins and his influence (1939)
- Art and freedom (1939)
Japanese & Persian arts
- Painting in the Far East (1908)
- Japanese Art (1909)
- Flight of the Dragon (1911)
- The Court Painters of the Grand Moguls (1921)
- Japanese Colour Prints (1923)
- The Poems of Nizami (1928) (Translation)
- Persian Miniature Painting (1933)
- The Spirit of Man in Asian Art (1936)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
Contributions to 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica
- “Burne-Jones, Sir Edward Burne” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “China” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (Chinese Art)
- “Lawson, Cecil Gordon” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1943, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.