Author:Richard Watson Dixon
|←Author Index: Di||Richard Watson Dixon
English ecclesiastical historian and poet
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "R. W. D."
- The Close of the Tenth Century of the Christian Era: The Arnold Prize Essay, for 1858 (1858) (External scan)
- Christ's Company (1861) (External scan)
- Historical Odes, and Other Poems (1864) (External scan)
- The Life of James Dixon, D.D., Wesleyan minister (1874) (External scan)
- History of the Church of England (1877-1900) in 6 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Mano (1883) (External scan)
- Odes and Eclogues (1884)
- Lyrical Poems (1887)
- Songs and Odes (1896) (External scan)
- The Last Poems of Richard Watson Dixon (1905) (External scan)
- Poems (1909) (External scan)
- Bradburn, Samuel
- Browne, George (d.1556)
- Bulmer, Agnes
- Cardmaker, John
- Constable, Robert
- Cox, Richard (1500-1581)
- Cromer, George
- Cusack, Thomas
- Day, George (1501?-1556)
- Dixon, James
- Dobson, John (1787-1865)
- Dudley, John (1502?-1553)
- Haddon, James
- Hales, John (d.1571)
Works about Dixon
- “Dixon, Richard Watson,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Dixon, Richard Watson,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.