Author:Robert Kennaway Douglas
|←Author Index: Do||Sir Robert Kennaway Douglas
|Professor of Chinese at King’s College (focus on the Oriental cultures and attitudes); Keeper of Oriental books and manuscripts at the British Museum; Consul in China
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "R. K. D."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles written by this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "R. K. D."
- The language and literature of China. Two lectures delivered at the Royal institution of Great Britain in May and June, 1875 (1875) 
- The Life of Jenghiz Khan: Tr. from the Chinese. With an Introduction (1877)
- Confucianism and Taouism (1889) 
- Chinese stories (1893) 
- Li Hungchang (1895) 
- China (1903, c1895) 
- Society in China (1901) 
- A Chinese manual, comprising a condensed grammar with idiomatic phrases and dialogues (1904) 
- Europe and the Far East, 1506-1912 (1913) 
- Amherst, William Pitt
- Bonham, Samuel George
- Cooper, Thomas Thornville
- Crawfurd, John
- Frere, Henry Bartle Edward
- Hance, Henry Fletcher
- Kennaway, John
- Kidd, Samuel
- Morrison, Robert
- Ralston, William Ralston Shedden-
- Wade, Thomas Francis
- Williamson, Alexander
- Alcock, Rutherford (DNB01)
- Beal, Samuel (DNB01)
- Davis, John Francis (DNB01)
- Legge, James (DNB01)
- “Jenghiz Khan” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Manchuria” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Mongols” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Peking” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Wade, Sir Thomas Francis” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- "DOUGLAS, Sir Robert Kennaway" (1907). Who's Who, 59: p. 501.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1913, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 99 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.