|←Author Index: Ar||Walter Armstrong
Sir Walter Armstrong, British art critic and writer.|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. A."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. Ar."
- Wrestliana, or, The history of the Cumberland & Westmoreland Wrestling Society in London : since the year 1824 (1870) 
- The art of William Quiller Orchardson (1895) 
- Velazquez; a study of his life and art (1897) 
- Turner (1902) 
- The Peel collection and the Dutch school of painting (1904) 
- Sir Joshua Reynolds, first president of the Royal Academy (1905) 
- Art in Great Britain and Ireland (1913, [c1909]) 
- “Orchardson, Sir William Quiller” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- Lawrence () 
- Nollekens, Joseph (1737-1823)
- Nollekens, Joseph Francis
- Peel, Paul
- Penley, Aaron Edwin
- Pettie, John
- Pond, Arthur
- Pyne, James Baker
- Raeburn, Henry
- Roberts, David (1796-1864)
- Romney, George
- Romney, John
- Romney, Peter
- Tannock, James
- Tayler, Frederick
- Taylor, William Benjamin Sarsfield
- Thomas, John (1813-1862)
- Thomas, John Evan
- Thomas, Matthew Evan
- Thomas, William (fl.1780-1794)
- Thornycroft, Mary
- Thornycroft, Thomas
- Torrigiano, Pietro
- Van de Velde, Willem (1610-1693)
- Van de Velde, Willem (1633-1707)
- Vernon, Robert
- Walker, Frederick
- Wallace, Richard
- Ward, James (1769-1859)
- Beardsley, Aubrey Vincent (DNB01)
- Boehm, Joseph Edgar (DNB01)
- Doyle, Henry Edward (DNB01)
- Leighton, Frederic (DNB01)
- Macallum, Hamilton (DNB01)
- Armstead, Henry Hugh (DNB12)
- Brett, John (DNB12)
- Ford, Edward Onslow (DNB12)
- Frith, William Powell (DNB12)
- Horsley, John Callcott (DNB12)
- Hunt, William Holman (DNB12)
- Macbeth, Robert Walker (DNB12)
- Swan, John Macallan (DNB12)
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (DNB12)
Works about Armstrong
- "ARMSTRONG, William" (1907). Who's Who, vol. 59: p. 55.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1918, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.