Author:William Dean Howells
|←Author Index: Ho||William Dean Howells
|American realist author and literary critic.|
- Three Villages (1884)
- A Hazard of New Fortunes (1890)
- A Traveler from Altruria (1894)
- “Carl Schurz 1829-1906,” Harper's Weekly (1906)
- Familiar Spanish Travels (1913) eBooks@Adelaide
- Stops of Various Quills (1895), with illustrations by Howard Pyle.
- "The Passengers of a Retarded Submersible" from A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917).
Works about William Dean Howells 
- Charles Dudley Warner, “Howells, William Dean,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892.
- "For the Birthday of William Dean Howells", a poem by Florence Earle Coates in honor of Howells' 75th birthday.
- “Howells, William Dean” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Howells, William Dean,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Howells, William Dean,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1920, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.