|←Author Index: Fo||Sir William Foster
CIE (1913), Register and Superintendent of Records in the India Office; historiographer; Hakluyt Society.
Knight (1925), |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. F." in vol. 62.
- Letters Received By The East India Company (1897) in vols. v.2 v.4 v.6
- The English factories in India, 1618-1669 : a calendar of documents in the India Office, British Museum and Public Record Office (1911)  may belong to previous series
- A guide to the India Office records, 1600-1858 (1919) 
- Early travels in India, 1583-1619 (1921) 
- “Winter, Edward,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1951, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.