Author:William Fraser Rae
|←Author Index: Ra||William Fraser Rae
Scottish-born, English resident barrister-at-law.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "F. R."
- Westward by Rail: A Journey to San Francisco and Back and a Visit to the Mormons (1871) 
- Wilkes, Sheridan, Fox; the opposition under George the Third (1874) 
- Columbia and Canada: Notes on the Great Republic and the New Dominion. (1878) 
- Newfoundland to Manitoba, Through Canada's Maritime, Mining, and Prairie Provinces (1881) 
- Facts about Manitoba from W. Fraser Rae's 'Newfoundland to Manitoba (1882) 
- A Modern Brigand (1888) in 3 vols.
- Egypt To-day: The First to the Third Khedive (1892) 
- Sheridan: A Biography (1896) in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- “Fox, Charles James” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1879.
Contributions to the DNB & 1901 Supplement
- Richardson, John (1780-1864)
- Robinson, Henry Crabb
- Roebuck, John Arthur
- Russel, Alexander
- Russell, John (1792-1878)
- Rylands, Peter
- Selwyn, George Augustus (1719-1791)
- Seymour, Edward Adolphus (1804-1885)
- Sheridan, Caroline Henrietta
- Sheridan, Charles Francis
- Sheridan, Elizabeth Ann
- Sheridan, Frances
- Sheridan, Helen Selina
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley
- Sheridan, Thomas (1687-1738)
- Sheridan, Thomas (1719-1788)
- Thompson, Benjamin (1754-1814)
- Tickell, Richard
- Trotter, John Bernard
- Walker, Thomas (1822-1898)
- Weir, William
- Whyte, Samuel
- Woodfall, George
- Woodfall, Henry Sampson
- Woodfall, William
- Arnould, Joseph (DNB01)
- Bentley, George (DNB01)
- Cook, Thomas (1808-1892)
- Cowen, Joseph (1829-1900)
- Knatchbull-Hugessen, Edward Hugessen (DNB01)
- Paget, John (1811-1898)
Works about Rae
- “Rae, William Fraser,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.