Author:William Samuel Lilly
|←Author Index: Li||William Samuel Lilly
Barrister-at-law, Inner Temple; Indian Civil Service; secretary of the Catholic Union of Great Britain; essayist; Justice of the Peace for Middlesex and London.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. S. L.".
This author wrote articles for the 1913 Catholic Encyclopedia, and the list on this page is complete.
- Ancient Religion and Modern Thought (1884)
- Chapters in European History (1886)
- The Claims of Christianity (1894)
- Christianity and Modern Civilization (1903)
- Studies in Religion and Literature (1904)
- Manual of the Law Specially Affecting Catholics (1893)
- India and its Problems(1902)
- The New France (1913)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
Contributions to the Catholic Encyclopedia
- England since the Reformation, in England
Works about Lilly
- “Lilly, William Samuel,” in Foster, J. Men-at-the-Bar, London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)
- “Death Of Mr. W. S. Lilly. Essayist And Catholic Champion” in The Times (1919)
- “Death: William Samuel Lilly” in The Times (1919)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1919, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.