Executive Order 10896
By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 5(b) of the act of October 6, 1917, as amended, 12 U.S.C. 95a, and in view of the continued existence of the national emergency proclaimed by Proclamation No. 2914 of December 16, 1950, I, Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of the United States of America, do hereby confirm Executive Order No. 6260 of August 28, 1933, as amended, and do hereby further amend Executive Order No. 6260 as follows:
- Section 3 is revoked.
- The first paragraph of section 5 is amended by deleting the proviso at the end thereof, and by inserting a period in place of the colon after the phrase ‘‘this Executive Order’’ where it appears in such paragraph.
- Section 7 is revoked.
This amendment of Executive Order No. 6260, as amended, shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the effective date of this amendment, and all penalties, forfeitures, and liabilities under Executive Order No. 6260, as heretofore amended, shall continue and may be enforced as if this amendment had not been made. All licenses, orders, rules, or regulations heretofore issued under Executive Order No. 6260, as amended, and now in effect, including the Gold Regulations constituting Part 54 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, are hereby approved, ratified, and confirmed and shall continue in full force and effect until amended, modified, or revoked by the Secretary of the Treasury.
This amendment shall become effective upon filing for publication with the Office of the Federal Register.
- Executive Order 6260, August 28, 1933
- Revoked by
- Executive Order 11825, December 31, 1974;
- See Related
- Proclamation 2914, December 16, 1950
- Executive Order 6556, January 12, 1934;
- Executive Order 6560, January 15, 1934;
- Executive Order 6073, March 10, 1933;
- Executive Order 6359, October 25, 1933;
- Executive Order 10289, September 17, 1951
- Executive Order 10905, January 14, 1961;
- Executive Order 11037, July 20, 1962