Executive Order 9967
By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 179 of the Revised Statutes of the United States (5 U.S.C. 6), it is hereby ordered as follows:
- In case of the absence, sickness, resignation, or death of both the Secretary of Agriculture and the Under Secretary of Agriculture, the officer whose name is highest on the following list and who is not absent or under disability to discharge the duties of the office of the Secretary of Agriculture shall perform the duties of that office:
- The Assistant Secretary of Agriculture
- The Administrator of the Rural Electrification Administration
- The Governor of the Farm Credit Administration
- The Administrator of the Farmers Home Administration
- This order supersedes Executive Order No. 7465 of October 6, 1936.
Harry S. Truman
The White House,
June 12, 1948.
- Executive Order 7465, October 6, 1936
- Superseded by:
- Executive Order 10481, August 15, 1953
- See Related:
- Executive Order 6596, February 9, 1934