Index:Public General Statutes 1896.djvu
A TABLE OF
The Titles of the Public General Acts passed in the Second Session of the Twenty-Sixth Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
59 & 60 VICTORIA.— A.D. 1896.
3. An Act to apply certain sums out of the Consolidated Fund to the service of the years ending on the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and ninety-six, and one thousand eight hundred and ninety-seven. (Consolidated Fund (No. 1).)4
8. An Act to enable Life Aasurance Companies to pay money into Court in certain cases. (Life Assurance Companies (Payment into Court).) 9 9. An Act to amend certain Provisions of the Local Government Act, 1888, with respect to the Determination of Differences by the Local Government Board. (Local Government (Determination of Differences).) 10
26. An Act to consolidate the Enactments relating to Friendly Societies and Industrial Assurance Companies which receive Contributions and Premiums by means of Collectors. (Collecting Societies and Industrial Assurance Companies.) 309
28. An Act to grant certain Duties of Customs and Inland Revenue, to alter other Duties, to amend the Law relating to Customs and Inland Revenue, and to make provision for the Financial Arrangements of the Year. (Finance.) 315
31. An Act to amend the Housing of the Working Classes Act, 1890. (Housing of the Working Classes Act, 1890, Amemdment (Scotland).) 332
37. An Act to amend the Law with respect to the Claasification of Lands and Heritages for purposes of Rating in Scotland, for the Relief of the Occupiers of Agricultural Lands and Heritages, for the creation of a Fund for the Improvement of Congested Districts in the Highlands and Islands, and for Relief from the Payment of the Land Tax in Burghs in Scotland. (Agricultural Rates, Congested Districts, and Burgh Land Tax Relief (Scotland).) 345
38. An Act to make provision for the Construction of a Railway in Africa, from Mombasa to the Victoria Nyanza, through the Protectorates of Zanzibar, British East Africa, and Uganda. (Uganda Railway.) 348
46. An Act to apply a sum out of the Consolidated Fund to the service of the year ending on the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and ninety-seven, and to appropriate the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament (Appropriation.) 366
50. An Act to provide for Superannuation Allowances to Poor Law Officers and Servants, and for Contributions towards such Allowances by such Officers and Servants ; and to make other relative provisions. (Poor Law Officers Superannuation..) 428
58. An Act for authorising the Treasury to guarantee the Interest on certain Capital of the West Highland Railway Company, and pay a Sum of Money to that Company. (West Highland Railway Guarantee.) 451