I don't know how to intercut and paste, so you're have to do that part and we can both do the rest via Category:Easton's Bible Dictionary where they are still listed separately. Kathleen.wright5 01:50, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- How did you find all these pages? Kathleen.wright5 14:44, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- I didn't find them-- I made them. I down loaded the text version of EBD and used a lot on Find-Replace commands to make the page content links and spacing. I used Excel and some of the same to make all the headings. It took more than a day solid.
- Do you have any sort of text editor on your system? Do you know how to cut and paste? You should be able to intercut the headings. I just did all the A articles by hand... but you can make them in to pages in the mean time. The headings also link to the articles separately (like the Category:Easton's Bible Dictionary). --Carlaude 15:33, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- Scrach that. I have found a way to intercut all the EBD articles with headings with Excel. --Carlaude 19:22, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
I don't have a text editor and I don't know how to use one. About Jewish Encyclopedia what do we do if we find something written in Hebrew? (Names of Scriptures or people etc.). Kathleen.wright5 01:17, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe we should finish EBD first-- but I would say that you could direct Hebrew questions to folks that have already been creating Jewish Encyclopedia articles.
- You sould be able to cut the long pages into articles without a text editor now. Have you tried to do so yet? --Carlaude (talk) 02:50, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- I've tried to cut the long pages into articles with edit commands, but it doesn't work with Firefox 3.0.1. I have done a few pages manually. Would AWB (Auto Wiki Browser) be any use and if so is it compatible with Vista SP1 and/or Firefox? Kathleen.wright5 11:23, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Scratch the above, I've got the hang of it now, I've never done Copy and Paste before. Kathleen.wright5 21:19, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I have been working on EBD – Copying pages from Christ Notes and pasting them in; then putting in appropriate links to other EBD articles.
I saw that the scripture references in some of the articles are linked to the Book of the Bible from which they come. This to me seems not very useful, so I have not been doing it. If we could link them to the actual verses in some WS Bible it would be grand, but I don’t see how at this time. --MathMan64 (talk) 06:53, 5 September 2009 (UTC)