1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Pusa
PUSA, a village of British India, in Darbhanga district, Bengal, near the right bank of the Burhi Gandak River; pop. (1901), 4570. It was acquired as a government estate in 1796, and was long used as a stud dépôt and afterwards as a tobacco farm. In 1904 it was selected as the site of a college and laboratory for agricultural research.