1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Rosenheim
ROSENHEIM, a town and watering-place of Germany, in the kingdom of Bavaria, situated at the confluence of the Mangfall and the Inn, 40 m. by rail S.E. of Munich. Pop. (1905) 15,403. It is an interesting town, with many medieval houses. Among its seven churches the Roman Catholic parish church, with a curious cupola and containing numerous old tombs and effigies, and that of the Holy Ghost (15th century), are remarkable. There are a monastery, two convents, several schools and a hospital. Rosenheim is frequented for its saline and sulphur baths, and there are important saltworks, the brine being conveyed from Reichenhall in pipes; it has also machine factories, metalworks and breweries. Cordage is manufactured, and there is a trade in cattle and grain. Although founded in the 12th century Rosenheim did not become a town until 1864.
See Ditterich, Rosenheim in Oberbayern (Munich, 1870), and Eid, Aus Altrosenheim (Rosenheim, 1906).