National Labor Relations Board v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation (301 U.S. 1)
[Syllabus from pages 1-5 intentionally omitted]
Messrs. Homer S.C.ummings, Atty. Gen., and Stanley F. Reed, Sol. Gen., and J. Warren Madden, both of Washington, D.C., for petitioner.
Mr. Earl F. Reed, of Pittsburgh, Pa., for respondent.
[Argument of Counsel from pages 5-22 intentionally omitted]
Mr. Chief Justice HUGHES delivered the opinion of the Court.
- No. 419, National Labor Relations Board v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corp., post, p. 22;
- Nos. 420 and 421, National Labor Relations Board v. Fruehauf Trailer Co., post, p. 49;
- Nos. 422 and 423, National Labor Relations Board v. Friedman-Harry Marks Clothing Co., post, p. 58;
- No. 365, Associated Press v. National Labor Relations Board, post, p. 103; and
- No. 469, Washington, Virginia & Maryland Coach Co. v. National Labor Relations Board, post, p. 142,
- which are known as the "Labor Board Cases," were disposed of in five separate opinions.
The dissenting opinion, post, p. 76, applies to Nos. 419, 420 and 421, and 422 and 423.
The dissenting opinion, post, p. 133, applies to No. 365.
The opinion in No. 469 was unanimous.