A Letter to Foreigners in Nanjing
Nanjing always put people's health and security as our priority since the outbreak of COVID-19. We have made effective actions to prevent the inflow from outside and spread within the city. Currently the situation is turning better, that by Feb 26th 2020, Nanjing has achieved a zero-increase of confirmed or suspicious cases in 8 days. Jiangsu Province has reduced the 1st level response to 2nd level. However, some countries appeared to have new trend of the COVID-19, and it is a key period of fighting against the disease. These prove again that the virus is a common enemy of all human kinds, and it is the responsibility of every country to fight against the COVID-19.
Prevention and control of COVID-19 has no boundaries. Here, we hope that you and we could cooperate together, to guard the security of our city, the health of every resident, and an assured safe environment for your work and living:
- As you arrive in Nanjing, please register for your health status. When you arrive at your residence, please apply your foreigners' accommodation register according to law.
- Pay attention to self-protection and stay home as much as possible. Avoid crowded places or dinner parties. It is recommended that you wear a mask in the right way when going out, wash your hands and ventilate your residence frequently, as well as maintain other good hygiene habits.
- Do an active health monitor for yourself and your family. Check your body temperature regularly. If you have symptoms as fever, cough, fatigue, and/or anything suspicious, please seek medical attention at a nearby fever clinic as soon as possible (check http://wb.nanjing.gov.cn/ for the list of fever clinics in Nanjing), while report your travel and contact history when seeing the doctor. If you have close contacts with confirmed or suspicious case in 14 days, please cooperate the prevention and control authorities' instruction for a centralized quarantine in designated place for medical observation.
- For those who recently come to Nanjing from Japan or Republic of Korea, please practice a 14-day health observation at home to ensure your health. If you don't have a fixed residence, please choose a hotel provided by prevention and control authorities and practice a 14-day health observation. During your observation, we will help to do the service of your living.
- Please follow relevant notices by Nanjing municipal government closely. If you have any question, please call the 24-hour hotline of Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office on 025-68787300 or 68787321.
Wish a good health for you and your family.
Foreign Affairs Office of Nanjing Municipal People's Government
Feb 26th, 2020