Aircraft Accident Report: Allegheny Airlines Flight 371/Supplemental Data
Investigation and Hearing
The Civil Aeronautics Board was notified of this accident at 1130 December 1, 1959, by the Allegheny Airlines dispatcher, and an investigation was immediately initiated in accordance with the provisions of Title VII of the Federal Aviation Act of 1958. A public hearing was ordered by the board and was held in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, January 6, 1960.
Allegheny Airlines is a Delaware corporation and maintains its principal offices in Washington, D. C. This corporation holds a current certificate of public convenience and necessity for local or feeder service and a valid air carrier operating certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Agency.
The Martin 202 aircraft was manufactured August 12, 1947, by the Martin Aircraft Corporation. The aircraft was formerly owned by Pioneer Airlines and was acquired by Allegheny Airlines on January 14, 1956. It was equipped with two Pratt and Whitney E-2800-77 engines. The two propellers, model 43E60, were manufactured by Hamilton Standard.