Author:Alfred North Whitehead
(Redirected from Alfred North Whitehead)
|←Author Index: Wh||Alfred North Whitehead
English mathematician who became a philosopher. He wrote on algebra, logic, foundations of mathematics, philosophy of science, physics, metaphysics, and education
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. N. W."
- A Treatise on Universal Algebra with Applications, 1898
- Principia Mathematica (with Bertrand Russell), index, 1910–1913
- An Introduction to Mathematics, 1911
- The Organization of Thought Educational and Scientific, 1917
- An Enquiry Concerning the Principles of Natural Knowledge, 1919
- The Concept of Nature, 1920, Lectures delivered at Trinity College.
- The Principle of Relativity with Applications to Physical Science., 1922
- “Geometry”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (Part VI. Non-Euclidean Geometry) with Bertrand Russell; and (Part VII. Axioms of Geometry)
- “Mathematics”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911