An Enemy of the People (Ibsen)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For works with similar titles, see An Enemy of the People.
A play in five acts
- DRAMATIS PERSONAE
- Dr. Thomas Stockmann, Medical Officer of the Municipal Baths.
- Mrs. Stockmann, his wife.
- Petra (their daughter) a teacher.
- Ejlif & Morten (their sons, aged 13 and 10 respectively).
- Peter Stockmann (the Doctor's elder brother), Mayor of the Town and Chief Constable, Chairman of the Baths' Committee, etc.
- Morten Kiil, a tanner (Mrs. Stockmann's adoptive father).
- Hovstad, editor of the "People's Messenger."
- Billing, sub-editor.
- Captain Horster.
- Aslaksen, a printer.
- Men of various conditions and occupations, a few women, and a troop of schoolboys--the audience at a public meeting.
The action takes place in a coastal town in southern Norway.