- Life is not a highway strewn with flowers,
- Still it holds a goodly share of bliss;
- When the sun gives way to April showers,
- Here's the point that you should never miss.
- Though April showers may come your way,
- They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
- So if it's raining, have no regrets,
- Because it isn't raining rain you know, it's raining violets.
- And where you see clouds upon the hills,
- You soon will see the crowds of daffodils;
- So keep on looking for a blue bird and list'ning for his song,
- Whenever April showers come along.
- I have learned to smile when skies are gloomy,
- Smile although my heart's about to break;
- When I know that trouble's coming to me,
- Here's the happy attitude I take.