Author:Arthur Anthony Macdonell
(Redirected from Author:A. A. Macdonell)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||Arthur Anthony Macdonell
|Sanskrit scholar. Professor of Sanskrit, Oxford |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "A. A. M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. A. M."
- A History of Sanskrit Literature, 1900
- Vedic Grammar, 1910
- The Brhad-Devata Attributed to Saunaka : A Summary of the Deities and Myths of the Rgveda; Critically edited in the original Sanskrit with an introduction and seven appendices and translated into English with critical and illustrative notes, 1904
- History of Vedic Grammar
- History of Vedic Mythology (transcription project)
- A Sanskrit Grammar for Students
- Hymns From The Rigveda : Selected And Metrically Translated, The Heritage Of India Series (Calcutta, London, 1922))
- Vedic Index of Names and Subjects (1912)
- 1st supplement
- 2nd supplement
- "Macdonell, Arthur Anthony," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.