Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of the Vocation of our age for Legislation and Jurisprudence, translated from the German of F. C. von Savigny (1831)
- The Statutes founded on the Common Law Reports, with Introductory Observations and Notes (1832)
- Faust, a Dramatic Poem, by Goethe, translated into English Prose, with Remarks on former Translations and Notes (1833)
- Some Account of a Journey across the Alps, in a Letter to a Friend (1834)
- Summary of Objections to the Doctrine that a Marriage with the Sister of a Deceased Wife is contrary to Law, Religion, or Morality (1839)
- Remarks on the Law Regarding Marriage with the Sister of a Deceased Wife (1845)
- Verses of other Days (1847)
- The Ballot for Benchers; by a Templar (1848, anon.)
- On the Origin and History of the Benchers of the Inns of Court (1848)
- Report of the Proceedings before the Judges as Visitors of the Inns of Court on the Appeal of A. Hayward (1848)
- The Art of Dining; or Gastronomy and Gastronomers (1852)
- Lord Chesterfield: his Character, Life, and Opinions; and George Selwyn, his Life and Times (1854)
- The Secretaryship of the Poor Law Board: Facts and Proofs against Calumnies and Conjectures (1854)
- Juridical Tracts, pt. i., containing Historical Sketch of the Law of Real Property in England; Principles and Practice of Pleading; Historical Sketch of Reform in the Criminal Law (1856)
- Specimens of an Authorised Translation from the French (1856)
- Expédition de Crimée: quelques éclaircissements relatifs à l'armée Anglaise,’ Bruxelles (1857)
- Biographical and Critical Essays, reprinted from Reviews, with Additions and Corrections (1858), in 2 vols.
- Autobiography, Letters and Literary Remains of Mrs (Thrale) Piozzi (1861), in 2 vols.
- Mr. Kinglake and the Quarterlys, by an Old Reviewer (1863, anon.)
- Diaries of a Lady of Quality from 1797 to 1844, edited with Notes (1864)
- More about Junius; the Franciscan Theory Unsound; reprinted from “Fraser's Magazine,” with Additions (1868)
- The Second Armada: a Chapter of Future History (1871)
- John Stuart Mill, reprinted from the “Times” of 10 May 1873
- Goethe (1878)
- Selected Essays (1878), in 2 vols.
- Sketches of Eminent Statesmen and Writers, with other Essays reprinted from the “Quarterly Review,” with Additions and Corrections (1880), in 2 vols.
- A Selection from the Correspondence of Abraham Hayward, Q.C., from 1834 to 1884, with an Account of his Early Life, edited by H. E. Carlisle (1886), in 2 vols.
Works about Hayward