Author:Adam Sedgwick (1785-1873)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Adam Sedgwick.
- On the origin of alluvial and diluvial formations, 1825 (external scan)
- Discourse on the Studies of the University of Cambridge (1833) (short work) (external scan)
- A syllabus of a course of lectures on geology, 1837 (external scan)
- A complete guide to the lakes, With others, 1842 (external scan)
- A synopsis of the classification of the British palaeozoic rocks, 1855 IA
Works about Sedgwick
- The life and letters of the Reverend Adam Sedgwick by John Willis Clark, 1833-1910 and Thomas McKenny Hughes, 1832-1917 (1890) IA
- "Obituary: Adam Sedgwick" in Popular Science Monthly, 2 (April 1873)
- "Sedgwick, Adam," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Sedgwick, Adam," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Sedgwick, Adam," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
- 1785 births
- 1873 deaths
- Early modern authors
- Male authors
- British authors
- Geologists as authors
- Paleontologists as authors
- Anglican authors
- Presidents of the Geological Society of London
- Fellows of the Royal Society
- Recipients of the Copley Medal
- Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Recipients of the Wollaston Medal