|←Author Index: Ba||Adin Ballou
|Christian Connexion minister, then Universalist minister, then Restorationist, then Spiritualist; proponent of pacifism, socialism and abolitionism; with wife Lucy Hunt Ballou co-founder of the Hopedale Community.|
- Universalist Period
- The Furious Priest Reproved (1823) 12p.
- Fourth of July Oration at Milford (1827) 35p.
- Dialogical Instructer (1828) newspaper
- The Inestimable Value of Souls (1830) sermon 23p.
- Fourth of July Oration at Blackstone (1830) 18p.
- Restorationist Period
- Independent Messenger (1831-39) newspaper
- Epistle General to Restorationists (1831)
- Report on a Public Discussion between the Revs. Adin Ballou and Daniel D. Smith (1834) 86p.
- Sunday School Manual (1836)
- A Discourse on the Subject of American Slavery (1837) 4th of July, 88p.
- The Touchstone (1837) Restorationist tract 32p.
- Hopedale Period
- Standard of Practical Christianity (1839)
- Conference Hymn-Book (1839)
- Non-Resistance in Relation to Human Governments (1839) 24p.
- Practical Christian (1840-1860) newspaper
- Constitution of the Fraternal Communion (1843)
- Scriptural Doctrine of the Second Advent (1843)
- The Voice of Duty (1843), 4th of July, 12p.
- Superiority of Moral to Political Power (1845)
- Christian Non-Resistance (1846) 240p.
- Declaration (1847)
- Constitution of the Practical Christian Ministry (1848)
- Constitution of the Hopedale Community (1849)
- What Entitles One to the Christian Name (1849)
- Endless Punishment Rejected (1849)
- The Bible: Its Principles Divine, Its Language Human (1849)
- Hopedale Collection of Hymns and Songs (1850) 316 hymns
- The Hopedale Community: An Exposition (1851)
- Lecture on Capital Punishment (1851)
- Spirit Manifestations (1852)
- Memoir of Adin Augustus Ballou (1853)
- The Hopedale Community: Historical Sketch (1853)
- Practical Christian Socialism: A Conversational Exposition of the True (1854)
- The Constitution of the Practical Christian Republic (1854)
- The Practical Christian Republic (1854)
- Constitution of the Practical Christian Republic (1854)
- Lecture on the Bible (1859)
- Practical Christianity and Endless Punishment (1860)
- Christian Non-Resistance in Extreme Cases (1860) 32p.
- The Monitorial Guide (1861)
- Violations of the Federal Constitution (1861) 48p.
- Christian Non-Resistance Defended against Henry Ward Beecher (1862) 20p.
- Human Progress in Respect to Religion (1867)
- Primitive Christianity (1870)
- Undated Hopedale Works
- Capital Punishment: Reasons for Immediate Abolition
- Practical Christianity in Relation to Different Christs and Christianities 8p.
- Fundamental Principles the Only Authority in Religion
- Christian Non-Resistance: Questions Answered
- Learn to Discriminate
- Losing Influence
- Might and Right
- Consistency with a Vengeance
- How Many Does It Take?
- Inspiration of the Bible
- Practical Christianity in Relation to Voting
- Practical Christianity in Relation to Human Government
- Practical Christianity in Relation to Marriage and Divorce
- Practical Christianity in Relation to Education and Amusements
- Reply to Parson Hor on War
- An Inquirer Answered
- Historical Works
- History of Milford (1882)
- History and Genealogy of the Ballous in America (1888) 1324p.
- A Memorial of Adin Ballou (1890) 100p. contains a funeral sermon by himself
- Autobiography of Adin Ballou (1896) 586p. completed by William S. Heywood
- History of the Hopedale Community (1897) 415p.