Author:Adolphus Washington Greely
|←Author Index: Gr||Adolphus Washington Greely
|American polar explorer, a United States Army officer and a recipient of the Medal of Honor.|
- Three Years of Arctic Service (1886)
- American Weather: A Popular Exposition of the Phenomena of the Weather (1888)
- Handbook of Arctic Discoveries (1896)
- Report on the Climate of Colorado and Utah (1891)
- Explorers and Travellers (1904) (scan index)
- True Tales of Arctic Heroism in the New World (1912)
- Handbook of Alaska (rev. ed. 1925)
- Reminiscences of Adventure and Service (1927)
- The Polar Regions in the Twentieth Century (1928)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Scientific Results of the Norwegian Polar Expedition, 1893-1896," in Popular Science Monthly Volume 57, August 1900
Works about Greely
- England's Present to America; The Steam-Ship Alert for the Greely Search Expedition in the The New York Times, April 23, 1884, p. 8
- “Greely, Adolphus Washington,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- Ellsberg, Edward: Hell on Ice, New York, 1936.
- Theodore Powell: The Long Rescue, W.H. Allen, London, 1961.
- Alden Todd, Abandoned: The Story of the Greely Arctic Expedition 1881-1884 (2001)
- Stephen K. Stein, "The Greely Relief Expedition and the New Navy" (International Journal of Naval History, December 2006).