Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Bu||Alexander Burnes
|Scottish traveller and explorer|
- Travels into Bokhara; being the account of a journey from India to Cabool, Tartary, and Persia; also, Narrative of a voyage on the Indus, from the sea to Lahore, with presents from the king of Great Britain; performed under the orders of the supreme government of India, in the years 1831, 1832, and 1833 (1834) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- Cabool : a personal narrative of a journey to, and residence in that city in the years 1836, 7, and 8 (1843) (external scan)
Works about Burnes
- "Burnes, Alexander," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Sir Alexander Burnes" in the Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., Vol. IV, 1878.
- "Burnes, Sir Alexander," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)