|←Author Index: Me||Alice Christiana Gertrude Thompson Meynell
English writer, poet, editor, critic, and suffragist
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. Me."
This author wrote articles for the 1913 Catholic Encyclopedia, and the list on this page is complete.
- The poor Sisters of Nazareth (1889)
- The rhythm of life, and other essays (1893)
- The colour of life, and other essays on things seen and heard (1896)
- The children (1896)
- London impressions: etchings and pictures in photogravure (1898) (External scan)
- The spirit of place, and other essays (1899)
- John Ruskin (1900) (External scan)
- Children of the old masters, Italian school (1903) (External scan)
- Ceres' runaway, and other essays (1910)
- Samuel Johnson (1911, with G. K. Chesterton) (transcription project)
- Mary, the Mother of Jesus: an Essay (1912) (External scan)
- Childhood (1913)
- Essays (1914, not exhaustive)
- Hearts of Controversy (1917)
- The second person singular, and other essays (1921)
- The School of Poetry (1923)
- “Browning, Elizabeth Barrett”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Coventry Patmore,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- Index of Titles
- Preludes (1875)
- Poems (1893, 10th ed. 1911) (External scan)
- "Unto us a Son is born", a poem (c. 1895)
- Other poems (1896, ten poems, privately printed)
- Later poems (1901 or 1902) (contains all of The Shepherdess, etc. (1914), plus two more poems) (External scan)
- The Shepherdess, and other poems (1914) (all poems contained in Later poems, 1902)
- Poems, collected edition (April 1913; 8th impr. Jan 1919; 9th impr. May 1921, enlarged ed.)
- Ten poems by Alice Meynell (1913-1915) (1915; all poems contained in A father of women, etc., 1917)
- Poems of the war (1915, privately printed by Clement Shorter)
- A father of women, and other poems (1917, incorp. into above 1919 collected edition)
- Last Poems (1923)
- The poems of Alice Meynell, complete edition (1923)
- 'Meynell, Alice', The Year's at the Spring, 1920. Illustrated by Harry Clarke.
Works about Meynell
- "Alice Meynell", a biographical sketch from The Poets' Chantry (1912) by Katherine Brégy.
- "To Alice Meynell", a poem by Florence Earle Coates
- Mentioned in a letter from Florence Earle Coates to Katherine Brégy (24 September 1912).