|←Author Index: Be||Aphra Behn
|Aphra Behn was a prolific dramatist of the Restoration, and considered to be one of the first English professional woman writers. Her writing participated in the amatory fiction genre of British literature.|
- The Disappointment, poem describing the lusty thoughts of a man who later discovers he cannot partake
- The Willing Mistress, poem about a woman taking a man to a grove for love
Works about Behn
- “Behn, Aphra”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Behn, Aphra,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Behn, Afra,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.