Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Story of a Boulder; or, Gleanings from the notebook of a field geologist (1858)
- Life of Sir Roderick I. Murchison, bart.; K.C.B., F.R.S.; sometime director-general of the Geological survey of the United Kingdom (1875)
- Outlines of field-geology (1882)
- The scenery of Scotland viewed in connection with its physical geology (1887)
- An elementary geography of the British Isles (1888)
- Geological sketches at home and abroad ()
- Memoir of Sir Andrew Crombie Ramsay (1895)
- The Founders of Geology, 1897, MacMillan, 1905 (ed. ?), 1962 Dover Publications
- Types of Scenery and Their Influence on Literature (1898)
- Text-book of Geoology (1903 4th ed.) in 2 vols.
- Scottish reminiscences (1908, c1904)
- Geology (1904)
- Charles Darwin as geologist. The Rede lecture given at the Darwin centennial commemoration on 24 June 1909 (1909)
- The birds of Shakespeare (1916)
- Memoir of John Michell, M.A., B.D., F.R.S., fellow of Queens' college, Cambridge, 1749, Woodwardian professor of geology in the university 1762 (1918)
- A Long Life's Work (1924)
- James Alexander Manson) (Geography and Geology with
- (in part)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Geikie
- "Sir Archibald Geikie", a biographical portrait by John McLure Hamilton from Men I Have Painted (1921).
- “A Geologist's Life. Sir Archibald Geikie” (review of autobiography) in The Times, Friday, May 23, 1924; Issue 43659; pg. 8, col C.