Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Me||Archibald Menzies
|Scottish surgeon, botanist and naturalist|
- "A description of the anatomy of the sea otter, from a dissection made November 15th, 1795", Philosophical Transactions 86 (1796):385–394.
Menzies' journal of the Vancouver Expedition has never been published in full, but a number of extracts have been published. The publications listed below are probably under copyright, although the extracts contained therein are not:
- Wilson, W. F. (ed.) (1920) Hawaii Nei 128 years ago.
- Newcombe, C. F. (ed.) (1923), Menzies' Journal of Vancouver's Voyage, April to October, 1792. Victoria, British Columbia: William H. Cullin.
- Eastwood, Alice (ed.) "Archibald Menzies' journal of the Vancouver Expedition: extracts covering the visit to California", Quarterly 2 (1924): 265–340.
Works about Menzies
- “Menzies, Archibald,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.