Author:Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
|←Author Index: St||Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
English churchman, Dean of Westminster, and known as Dean Stanley.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by the initials "A.P.S."
- Three Introductory Lectures on the Study of Ecclesiastical History (1857)
- Life of Arnold
- Eastern Church
- Lectures on the History of the Jewish Church, 3 vols, (1863–1866)
- Sinai and Palestine
- Memorials of Westminster Abbey
- “Old Names and Customs,” in Littell's Living Age, 136 (1761)
Works about Stanley
- “Stanley, Arthur Penrhyn,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "Dean Stanley" in Cartoon portraits and biographical sketches of men of the day, by anonymous, illustrated by Frederick Waddy, London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- “Stanley, Arthur Penrhyn,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.