Author:Augustus Samuel Wilkins
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wi||August Samuel Wilkins
|M.A., LL.D., Litt.D.; Professor of Latin, Owens College, Manchester, 1869-1905|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. S. W."
- “Greek Language” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "Latin Language," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- Roman Education (1905) Cambridge U. Press (external scan)
- Roman Literature
- Principles of Greek Etymology (with Edwin B. England), a translation of Curtius's Grundzüge der Griechischen Etymologie
Works about Wilkins
- "Wilkins, Augustus Samuel," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- "WILKINS, Augustus Samuel". Who's who, biographies, 1901: pages 1191–1192.