|←Author Index: Jo||Benjamin Jowett
English scholar and theologian
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology by the initials "B. J."
This author wrote articles for the A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities. Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities by the initials "B. J."
- Euthyphro (1871)
- Laws (1875)
- The Republic
- The Dialogues of Plato, 3rd edition, in 5 volumes (1892) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Works about Jowett
- “Jowett, Benjamin,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Jowett, Benjamin”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “Jowett, Benjamin,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- "Jowett's Life" in Leslie Stephen's Studies of a Biographer (1898)
- The New Method of Evaluation as Applied to Pi