Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Jo||Benjamin Jowett
|English scholar and theologian |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography.
Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography by the initials "B. J."
This author wrote articles for the A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities.
- Euthyphro (1871)
- Laws (1875)
- The Republic (1908)
- The Dialogues of Plato, 3rd edition, in 5 volumes (1892) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Works about Jowett
- "Jowett, Benjamin," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Jowett, Benjamin," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Jowett, Benjamin," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Jowett, Benjamin," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Jowett's Life" in Leslie Stephen's Studies of a Biographer (1898)
- The New Method of Evaluation as Applied to Pi