Author:Charles George Douglas Roberts
|←Author Index: Ro||Charles George Douglas Roberts
|Canadian poet and prose writer. Besides his own body of work, Roberts is known as the "Father of Canadian Poetry" because he served as an inspiration for other writers of his time. Pen names: Charles G. D. Roberts|
- The Truce (1904)
- "Earth's Complines" The Yellow Book, Volume 6 (1895)
- "Cambrai and Marne" from A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917).
- Orion, and Other Poems. 1880.
- In Divers Tones. 1886.
- AVE! An Ode for the Shelley Centenary. 1892.
- The Book of the Native. 1896.
- New York Nocturnes and Other Poems.1898.
- Poems. New York: 1901.
- The Book of the Rose. 1903.
- The Raid from Beauséjour and How the Carter Boys Lifted the Mortgage. 1894.
- Reube Dare’s Shad Boat: A Tale of the Tide Country. 1895.
- Around the Campfire. 1896.
- Earth's Enigmas. 1896.
- By the Marshes of Minas. 1900.
- A Sister to Evangeline. 1900.
- The Feet of the Furtive. 1900.
- The Heart of the Ancient Wood. 1902.
- The Haunters of the Silences: A Book of Animal Life. 1900.
- Barbara Ladd. 1902.
- The Kindred of the Wild.1902.; The Kindred of the Wild
- The Prisoner of Mademoiselle: A Love Story.1904.
- The Watchers of the Trails. 1904.
- The Watchers of the Campfire. 1906.
- The Heart That Knows. 1906.
- The Cruise of the Yacht "Dido": A Tale of the Tide Country. 1906.
- The Little People of the Sycamore. Charles Livingston Bull illus. 1906.
- The Return to the Trails. Charles Livingston Bull illus. 1906.
- In the Deep of the Snow. 1907.
- The Young Acadian Boston. 1907.
- The House in the Water. 1908.
- The Backwoodsmen.1909.
- Kings in Exile. 1910.
- Neighbours Unknown. 1910.
- More Kindred of the Wild. 1911.
- Babes of the Wild. Warwick Reynolds, illus. 1912.
- Children of the Wild. Paul Bramson, illus. 1913.
- A Balkan Prince. 1913.
- The Secret Trails. 1916.
- The Ledge on Bald Face. 1918.
- In the Morning of Time. 1919.
- Some Animal Stories. 1921.
- Wisdom of the Wilderness. 1923.
Individual short stories
- "The Little Tyrant of the Burroughs," in Harper's Monthly Magazine Oct 1904
- "The Face in the Hop Vines," (1915) in The Red Cross Story Book by "Famous Novelists Serving in His Majesty's Forces"
- "The Ladder," in Collier's, Feb 27, 1909
- "The Little People of the Sycamore," in The Idler, Vol 23, 1903