|←Author Index: Ly||Charles Lyell
|A Scottish geologist famous for his Principles of Geology, the beginning of modern geology.|
- Principles of Geology
- Glossary of Geological and other Scientific terms used in Principles of Geology
- Elements of Geology
- Student's Elements of Geology
- Geological Evidences of the Antiquity of Man (transcription project)
Works about Lyell
- “Lyell, Charles (1797-1875),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Lyell, Sir Charles" article in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature
- "Lyell", in Biographies of Scientific Men (1912)
- "Sir Charles Lyell" in Popular Science Monthly 1 (June 1872).
- "Sir Charles Lyell" in Popular Science Monthly 20 (March 1882).