|←Author Index: Ly||Charles Lyell
|A Scottish geologist famous for his Principles of Geology, the beginning of modern geology.|
- Principles of Geology (1830) vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, Supplementary material in Charles Darwin's copy
- Glossary of Geological and other Scientific terms used in Principles of Geology
- Elements of Geology (1838) external link
- Eight lectures on geology, 1842 external link
- Every man his own guide to the Falls of Niagara, 1843 external link
- On impressions of rain-drops in ancient and modern strata, 1851 external link
- A manual of elementary geology; or, The ancient changes of the earth and its inhabitants, as illustrated by geological monuments, 1852 external link
- On the Blackheath pebble-bed, and on certain phaenomena in the geology of the neighbourhood of London, 1852 external link 10 pp.
- Student's Elements of Geology (1878) external link
- Geological Evidences of the Antiquity of Man (1863)
- North America in the Years 1841–1842 vol 1 vol 2
- A Second Visit to the United States of North America, 1849 external link
Works about Lyell
- “Lyell, Charles (1797-1875),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Lyell, Sir Charles”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Lyell, Sir Charles,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "Lyell", in Biographies of Scientific Men (1912)
- "Sir Charles Lyell", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 1, June 1872
- "Sir Charles Lyell", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 20, March 1882