|←Author Index: We||Charles Welsh
British author, bookseller, publisher, managing editor; reporter, The British Trade Journal (1868), managing editor for project at the publishing house of John D. Morris & Co. (Philadelphia). English professor at the University of Notre Dame. Died USA
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. W." for vol. 14, 25 and 40.
- A bookseller of the last century; being some account of the life of John Newbery and of the books he published with a notice of the later Newberys (1872) 
- Notes on the History of Children's Books
- Publishing a book
- A book of nursery rhymes : being Mother Goose's melodies arranged in the order of attractiveness and interest (1901)
- The right reading for children in the school, the home and the library (1903, [c1902]) 
- (ed.) Famous battles of the nineteenth century (1903) 
- Darnell, George
- Harris, John (1756-1846)
- Newbery, Francis
- Newbery, John
- Newbery, Ralph
- Newbery, Thomas