|←Author Index: Ab||Cleveland Abbe
A.M., LL.D. Professor of Meteorology, U.S. Weather Bureau, Washington. Director of the Cincinnati Observatory, 1863-1873. Editor of Monthly Weather Review; and Bulletin of Mount Weather Observatory. Author of Meteorological Apparatus and Methods; &c.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. A."
- “Hail” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Hurricane” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Meteorology,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "William Babcock Hazen," in Popular Science Monthly Volume 31, May 1887
- "The Meteorology of the Future," in Popular Science Monthly Volume 78, January 1911
- "Sketch of Cleveland Abbe," in Popular Science Monthly Volume 32, January 1888
- “Abbe, Cleveland,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co.
- “Abbe, Cleveland,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.