Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Th||Connop Thirlwall
|English bishop and historian|
- (1833) "On the Irony of Sophocles", The Philological Museum, 2: 483–537.
- The Betrothal (1822) Die Verlobung by Ludwig Tieck
- The Pictures (1822) Die Gemälde by Ludwig Tieck
- "On a Passage of the Philoctetes of Sophocles from the German of Welcker", in The Philological Museum, 2: 468–472 (1833), by Friedrich Gottlieb Welcker
- "On the Worth of Socrates as a Philosopher", in The Philological Museum, 2: 538–555 (1833), by Friedrich Schleiermacher
Works about Thirlwall
- “Thirlwall, Connop,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Thirwall, Connop,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- “Thirlwall, Connop”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911).
- “Bishop Thirlwall's Study,” in Littell's Living Age, 126 (1632)
- “The Late Bishop Thirlwall,” in Littell's Living Age, 126 (1629)