Author:David Samuel Margoliouth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||David Samuel Margoliouth
|British orientalist; briefly active as a cleric in the Church of England; Laudian Professor of Arabic at the University of Oxford from 1889 to 1937 |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "D. S. M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "D. S. M.*"
- Arabic Papyri of the Bodleian Library
- An Essay on the Place of Ecclesiasticus in Semitic Literature (1890)
- Religions of Bible Lands (1902)
- Mohammed and the Rise of Islam (1905)
- Cairo, Jerusalem, and Damascus (1907)
- Mohammedanism (1911)
- The Early Development of Mohammedanism (1914)
- The Chronograms of the Euripidean Dramas (1915)
- The Table-Talk of a Mesopotamian Judge (1922)
- The Homer of Aristotle (1923)
- (History (Mohammedan))
- Gandell, Robert
- Payne Smith, Robert
- Reay, Stephen
- Uri, Joannes
- Walton, Brian
- Wheelocke, Abraham
- White, Joseph (1745-1814)
- Wilkinson, John Gardner
- Yates, William
- Yeates, Thomas
- Young, Robert (1822-1888)
Works about Margoliouth