Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pr||Ebenezer Prout
|English musical theorist, writer, teacher and composer, whose instruction, afterwards embodied in a series of standard works, underpinned the work of many British musicians of succeeding generations |
This author wrote articles for A Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DMM by the initials "E. P."
- Harmony, its Theory and Practice (1889, rev. 1901: 20 editions by 1903)
- Counterpoint (1890)
- Double Counterpoint and Canon (1891)
- Fugue (1891)
- Fugal Analysis (1892)
- Form (1893)
- Applied Forms (1895)
- The Orchestra, in 2 vols. (1898-99)
Works about Prout
- “Prout, Ebenezer”, in A Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 1900
- "Prout, Ebenezer," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.