Author:Edward Backhouse Eastwick
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ea||Edward Backhouse Eastwick
|C.B.; British orientalist, diplomat and Member of Parliament|
- (tr.) Khusru, Emir of Dehli The Bāg̲ẖ O Bahār: Or, The Garden and the Spring (1852) 
- The Anvár-i Suhaili: Or The Lights of Canopus (1854) 
- (tr.) Bopp, Franz. A Comparative Grammar of the Sanskrit, Zend, Greek, Latin, Lithuanian, Gothic, German, and Sclavonic Languages (1856) 2nd ed. in 3 vols.
- (ed.) Autobiography of Lutfullah, a Mohamedan Gentleman and His Transactions with His Fellow-creatures (1857)  and later editions
- A Concise Grammar of the Hindústání Language: To which are Added, Selections for Reading (1858) 2nd ed.
- Venezuela: or, Sketches of life in a South American republic: with the history of the loan of 1864 (1868) 
- Handbook of the Bengal Presidency: With an Account of Calcutta City (1882) 
- (tr.) Chaturbhuja Miṣra The Prema-sâgara; or, Ocean of love
- Dry leaves from young Egypt (1849)  [University of California, no evidence presented.]