Author:Edward Baines (1774-1848)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Edward Baines.
|←Author Index: Ba||Edward Baines
|Edward Baines (1800–1890), his biographerpolitician; editor and proprietor of the Leeds Mercury; father of|
- History of the Wars of the French Revolution; from the breaking out of the war in 1792, to the restoration of a general peace, in 1815; comprehending the civil history of Great Britain and France during that period, London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown
- Volume 1, 1817
- Volume 2, 1818
The above became volumes 2 and 3 in an expanded four volume work:
- (1820), History of the reign of George III, King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Longman, Hurst; Hurst and Robinson - Volume 1Volume 4
- In 1820, an enterprising American published those parts of volume 2 of Baines' "History of the Wars." dealing with the War of 1812 as Baine's History of the Late War between the United States and Great Britain
- History, directory & gazetteer of the county of York.., Leeds: Edward Baines at the Leeds Mercury office:
- Volume I - West Riding, 1822
- Volume II - East and North Ridings, 1823
- History, directory and gazetteer of the county palatine of Lancaster. The directory department by W. Parson. [With] Illustrations. Liverpool: W. Wales & Company.Volume I. 1824.Volume II. 1825.
Later reworked as:
- (1836). History of the County Palatine and Duchy of Lancaster. The biographical department by W.R. Whatton. London: Fisher, son & Company. Volumes I-IV.
Works about Baines
- Edward Baines (his son) (1851). The life of Edward Baines, late M.P. for the Borough of Leeds. Longman, Brown, Green and Longman (London); Reid Newsome (Leeds).
- "Baines, Edward," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Baines, Edward," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)