Author:Edward Burtenshaw Sugden
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Su||Edward Burtenshaw Sugden
|British politician; Lord Chancelloor; also known as Lord or Baron St Leonards|
- A Practical Treatise of the Law of Vendors and Purchasers of Estates
- A Practical Treatise of Powers
- (editor) Reports of Cases Heard and Decided in the House of Lords on Appeals and Writs of Error
- (editor) The Law of Uses and Trusts (also known as Gilbert on Uses)
- An Essay on the New Statutes Relating to Limitations of Time, Estates Tail, Dower, Descent, Operation of Deeds, Merger of Attendant Terms, Defective Executions of Powers of Leasing, Wills, Trustees, and Mortgages
- A Handy Book of Property Law in a Series of Letters
Works about Sugden
- “Edward Burtenshaw Sugden, Lord St Leonards” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "St Leonards, Edward Burtenshaw Sugden, 1st Baron," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Sugden, Edward Burtenshaw," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.