|←Author Index: Ca||Edward Caird
Scottish philosopher and Master of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. C."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. C." in vol. 59
- A Critical Account of the Philosophy of Kant (1877)
- The Problem of Philosophy at the Present Time, 1881 (short work) external scan
- The Social Philosophy and Religion of Comte (1885) external scan
- The Critical Philosophy of Immanuel Kant (1889) vol 1, vol 2
- Essays on Literature and Philosophy (1892) external scan
- The Evolution of Religion (1893) vol 1, vol 2
- The Evolution of Theology in the Greek Philosophers (Gifford lectures) 1904 vol 1, vol 2
- Hegel (1883) Blackwood's Philosophical Classics external scan
- Individualism and Socialism, 1897 (short work) external scan
- Lectures and essays on natural theology and ethics, by William Wallace, 1898 (ed.) external scan
- Idealism and the Theory of Knowledge (1903)
- Lay Sermons and Addresses Delivered in the Hall of Balliol College, Oxford, 1907 external scan
- “Wallace, William (1844-1897),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Caird
- “Caird, Edward”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Caird, Edward,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Wenley, Robert Mark. “Edward Caird” in The Harvard Theological Review (1909).
- “Caird, Edward,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.