Author:Edward Daniel Clarke
|←Author Index: Cl||Edward Daniel Clarke
|English mineralogist and chemist|
- Testimony of Authors respecting the Colossal Statue of Ceres in the Public Library, Cambridge (8vo, 1801-1803)
- The Tomb of Alexander, a Dissertation on the Sarcophagus brought from Alexandria, and now in the British Museum (4to, 1805)
- A Methodical Distribution of the Mineral Kingdom (fol., Lewes, 1807)
- A Description of the Greek Marbles brought from the Shores of the Euxine, Archipelago and Mediterranean, and deposited in the University Library, Cambridge (8vo, 1809)
- Travels in various Countries of Europe, Asia and Africa (4to, 1810-1819; 2nd ed., 1811-1823).
- Analysis of a bituminous Limestone (1817)
- Travels in Russia, Poland, and Scandinavia
Works about Clarke
- “Clarke, Edward Daniel”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Clarke, Edward Daniel,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.