Author:Edward Douglass White
|←Author Index: Wh||Edward Douglass White, Jr.
|Chief Justice of the United States (1910-1921), appointed by President William Howard Taft. He succeeded Melville Fuller. His successor was Taft.9th|
Supreme Court Opinions
Opinions of the Court
- Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey v. United States, 221 U.S. 1 (1911)
- Guinn v. United States, 238 U.S. 347 (1915)
- “White, Edward Douglas,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- “White, Edward Douglass,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “White, Edward Douglass,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “White, Edward Douglass,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “White, Edward Douglas,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “White, Edward Douglass,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.