Author:Edward Livingston Youmans
(Redirected from Author:Edward L. Youmans)
|←Author Index: Yo||Edward Livingston Youmans
|Popular Science magazine.American scientific writer, editor, and lecturer and founder of|
- Brief explanations of a new chart of chemistry: Upon which the fundamental principles of the science ... are represented to the eye by diagrams and colors in the clearest manner (1850)
- Alcohol and the constitution of man;: Being a scientific account of the chemical properties of alcohol, and its leading effects upon the healthy human constitution (1854)
- Chemical atlas;: Or, The chemistry of familiar objects (1856)
- A class-book of chemistry: In which the principles of the science are familiarly explained and applied to the arts, agriculture, physiology, dietetics ...(1859)
- Handbook of household science: A popular account of heat, light, air, aliment, & cleansing in their scientific principles & domestic application (1864)
- The correlation and conservation of forces: A series of expositions by Prof. Grove ... (1867)
- The culture demanded by modern life: A series of addresses and arguments on the claims of scientific education (1867)
- Observations on the scientific study of human nature: A lecture delivered before the London College of Preceptors, October 10, 1866 (1867)
- The scientific basis of prohibition (1871)
- Herbert Spencer on the Americans and the Americans on Herbert Spencer: Being a full report of his interview, and of the proceedings of the farewell banquet of Nov. 11, 1882 (1883)
- Popular Science Monthly, editor 1872-1887
Articles in The American Cyclopædia
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Sketch of Edward L. Youmans", by Eliza Ann Youmans in Popular Science Monthly Volume 30, March 1887
- "Editor's Table", by William Jay Youmans in Popular Science Monthly Volume 30, March 1887
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.