Author:Elias John Wilkinson Gibb
|←Author Index: Gi||Elias John Wilkinson Gibb
Orientalist. Translator of several Turkish books
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. J. W. G."
- The History of the Forty Vezirs or the story of the forty morns and eves (Contes turcs [Qyrq wezīr ḥikājesi). Written in turkish by Sheykh-Zāda [Šaiḫzāda]. Done into english by E(lias) J(ohn) W(ilkinson) Gibb / Šaiḫzāda. London 1886
- Ottoman poems. Translated into English in The original forms. With introduction, biographical notices, and notes. London, Glasgow 1882
- A history of Ottoman poetry. 6 Bde. London 1900-1909 (Nachdruck London 1958-67, Vol. 2-6 hg. von Edward G. Browne
- Ottoman Literature; The Poets and Poetry of Turkey, Translated from the Arabic with Introduction and Biographical Notes by E.J.W. Gibb, with Arabian, Persian, and Hebrew Poems, and a Special Introduction by Theodore P. Ion, New York 1901
- “Turkey”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (Literature)